Trump ‘would not take a dime from’ Weinstein to fight sexual harassment claims

NEW YORK — Donald Trump is not going to take a penny from Harvey Weinstein’s attorneys to fight allegations that he sexually harassed women in the 1980s, according to a senior White House official.

“No one has ever taken a dime,” said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

“The president would not take money from anyone to do this.

The president has a clear position on this.”

The official said that, unlike with other presidents, the White House has a policy of not accepting or providing funds for settlements.

Harvey Weinstein, who was a powerful Hollywood producer, producer and executive producer, has not been charged with any crime.

In a statement issued by the Justice Department, he said that he “welcomes the investigation” into Weinstein’s behavior, and that the allegations “are completely false and ridiculous.”

“I’m appalled by these allegations and they are false and are completely false,” Weinstein said.

“I have a great relationship with the president and he has a great friendship with me.

The two of us have a lot of great respect for each other and he knows that.

We both share a strong respect for the office of the president.

We also share a great respect and admiration for the First Amendment.”

The White House statement added that Weinstein was never paid by the Trump Organization, and had no involvement with the film company.

In a separate statement issued late Monday, the president’s son, Eric Trump, said the president was “appalled” by the allegations against Weinstein and that “the president has spoken out against Harvey Weinstein in the past.”

“We are not going into this with our heads down, and we are going into it with a sense of urgency,” Eric Trump said in a statement.

“We are asking that the FBI and Justice Department take appropriate action against Mr. Weinstein immediately.”

Harvey Harvey Weinstein, an actor who produced movies including “A Few Good Men,” “Good Will Hunting” and “The Artist,” died Sunday in New York City.

He was 91.

The White White House declined to comment further.

Earlier Monday, Trump’s attorney, Michael Cohen, said Weinstein had been cooperating with the investigation.

Cohen said Weinstein has told him he is willing to cooperate.

“He wants to cooperate with any investigation that we have,” Cohen said on CNN.

“He’s a strong, honest person.

He’s not going in with his head down.

He wants to do the right thing, he wants to help the American people.

So we’re willing to work with him.”

Cohen said that if Weinstein “rejects our request, he’s willing to negotiate, and if we have to take him to court, we will.”

The president’s attorneys have declined to release the names of the women, but several women said that Weinstein had approached them in the late 1980s or early 1990s.

One woman, who asked to remain anonymous out of fear of reprisals, told CNN that Weinstein invited her to his house for a dinner and asked if she wanted to work for him.

The woman said she declined.

“When he offered me $50,000, I said no, but I agreed to come back the next day,” she said.

“I never had any sexual contact with Harvey Weinstein.

He did not ever approach me, but he did ask me to come to his hotel room and I did.

He said he needed some people to help him on his movie, and I said yes.

He gave me a massage, and he told me he was going to call my father.

I thought it was funny at the time.”

Another woman said Weinstein approached her in the early 1980s and said he would make a lot more money than she could make, but she declined the offer.

The woman, now in her 60s, said she worked for Weinstein at the height of the “The Apprentice” and he would ask her to come up with a few people for him to film.

She said Weinstein was a longtime friend and said she didn’t feel intimidated.

The second woman said that when Weinstein approached a woman and asked for a massage at a hotel, she declined but was offered a massage by a different woman.

The second woman later said Weinstein tried to initiate a sexual relationship with her.

Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump has been a vocal critic of Weinstein’s accusers.

She said on Monday that her father has a “strong moral compass” and that he doesn’t “have any interest” in pursuing accusers who are making accusations against his former friend.

Ivanka Trump, who worked for the Trump campaign in the 2016 election, told MSNBC on Monday night that she was not surprised by the statement from her father, who has long been a critic of the accusations against him.

“The fact that he’s taking the position that he hasn’t been aware of these women is absolutely shocking,” she told MSNBC’s Joy Reid.

“Because, obviously, he knows about these women, and the fact that they are