Florida governor says he was assaulted by an armed man while working at Florida Gov. Rick Scott’s office

Governor Rick Scott said Monday that he was “extremely shaken” when he was attacked while working as a special adviser to Florida Gov.-elect Mike Pence during a trip to Miami last month.

In a statement released Monday, Scott said he was trying to help Pence’s transition team prepare for the new governor’s inauguration.

When he was at the Governor’s Mansion, I was approached by a man armed with a firearm, and when I turned to him I realized he had a gun on him.

He pointed it at me and said, “Get out of here,” and I did, and the gentleman who confronted me was very shaken by the encounter, Scott’s statement said.

Scott, a Republican who is considering running for president in 2020, has not commented on the attack, but he has acknowledged having a confrontation with the gunman.

He said in the statement that he and Pence had a conversation that day, in which he said that he did not feel safe at the residence.

He added that he felt threatened and that he believed the suspect was a Republican.

Scott told reporters Monday that while he did feel threatened, he felt that the suspect had not been cooperative.

“I said, ‘I’m not going to talk to you anymore.

I have a feeling about this.’

And the gentleman said, well, then I’m not gonna talk to ya, and that’s when he went back and grabbed me by the shirt, grabbed my arm and said something that’s very, very offensive,” he said.

“And I felt a little bit of anger and frustration in the back of my mind, but I’m just thankful that the gentleman did not hurt anybody else.”